All the stats, facts and numbers for the first Test against the British & Irish Lions at Cape Town Stadium on Saturday.
Facts and stats:
– Bok vice-captain Handre Pollard made his Test debut against Scotland at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in 2014, one week after he was named World Junior Player of the Year for his contribution in leading the South Africa to a silver medal at the World Rugby U20 Championship in New Zealand.
– Makazole Mapimpi will retain his 100% try-scoring ratio per Test match if he dots down on Saturday.
– Elton Jantjies is one penalty goal short of his 50th for the Springboks – should he achieve this feat, he will match Naas Botha in fifth place for the most career penalty goals.
– South Africa’s head-to-head record against the British & Irish Lions reads – played: 46, won: 23, lost: 17, drawn: 6, points for: 600, points against: 516, tries for: 95, tries against: 68, win %: 50.
– The total Test caps for the Springboks starting lineup is 553.
– There are 231 caps in the backline with 322 caps among the forwards. On the bench there are a further 225 caps.
– The average number of caps per player is as follows – backline: 33, forwards: 40, bench: 28.
Photo: Getty Images